Friday, August 17, 2007

Cosmo Time


Alongside Ayres and Eleven Cosmo Baker makes up the mighty triumverate of DJ's known as the The Rub Since 2003 they have been doing the hip hop/80's/electro/funk/dance hall/smidge of indie mix up that we all take for granted now. If you haven't been to one of their parties get on it. This 'summer mix' (EVERYONE has one I tell ya) by Cosmo is a real throughful departure from one of his typical sets. Quincy Jones, Archie Whitewater, Shuggie... It's def one for the 'it's so goddamn hot I'm not leaving my house all day' kind of days. I know LA and NYC have been waaaay hotter then usual this week so enjoy. (Sorry LDN.. you get a bank holiday soon, hold tight)
Here's the man himself on the mix. "For this mix I wanted to try and capture the stillness of summer, when the air is hot and the days are long, and time seems to be moving at a slower pace than normal."

Cosmo Baker-The 'Still Goood' Mix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home