Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sounds of the Children of Men



I finally got around to seeing Children of Men. I'd had my eye on it since i spotted the trailer but a dark tale of apocolyptic doom, didn't seem the best option on many sunny days. Until last weekend. It IS dark, harsh, intense etc... but amazingly well shot, framed and acted.. I think a good movie makes you think long after you've walked out of the theatre and since I still haven't made up my mind about this one, it defaults right back to 'good'.
I'd had the soundtrack awhile before I saw the film. These days films like this seem to go to either the 'over produced score' route or the 'quick mix tape' route. This one has everything from Jarvis and the Libertines to a Junior Parker version of 'Tomorrow Never Knows'. Here's a few tracks from Hyperdub Records records that were used on the soundtrack and film (always a bonus) Never dived two deep into the London dubstep thing but love these.

Kode9 and the Spaceape-Backward

Pressure feat Money Honey-Money Honey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home