Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's so much better in the sunlight



I heard these guys being played on the aforementioned KEXP. Apparently they were playing some Seattle block party that night. The singer/songwriter is 20 who started writing songs a year ago. The band has played about 15 shows total. Jigga wha? They are so good. It's kind of Shins-y, Rufus, Belle and Sebastian ish all together.. Upon futher investigation I found out these songs were mixed by Phil Eck (who produced The Shins and Built To Spill) so that's why they sound so glossy and nice for a bands demo. Well have a listen.. I'm sure they'll have a record deal in no time if that's what they want. (Perfik get in there!)

Fleet Foxes-Anyone Who's Anyone

Fleet Foxes-She Got Dressed

** Photo courtesy of my daily drive on the 10 West. Does Bimbo mean something else in Spanish?

2 Comments:

Blogger F-14 said...

Love the she got dressed tune... the photo reminds me of some crazy Korean fruit gums I once got which "offered the affections of a beautiful lady" apparently!

cool!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Zena said...

I tried to download these tunes, and the links have expired. Might you consider putting them up anew? I must have some more Fleet Foxes!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home