Sunday, May 21, 2006

Rainy Day.


Hi Tape-clubbers, it's Dr. Thunder. This is my first tape club post. I'm feeling a little nervous. I'm all shiney. I'm fresh out of the box - still smell a bit like plastic. I hope I don't let all you kids down with the first post...anyway - for those of you I don't know. Come over and say hi. Be a friend. For those of you I do - nice to see you again. (Anglos, Taffy, etc)

After going thru some of the posts - I've really liked alot of the music tossed up, but I'm changing it up. Its a grey day today. I'm in a grey mood. Feeling low. So, I thought a rainy day mix might be just what the doctor ordered. So that being said - sit back - pour a glass of wine - watch the rain and listen to the music.

1. Milosh - Your Taste - Beautifully done. Mike Milosh is one of my favorites.
2. The National - Wasp Nest - Get over here I want to kissyour skinny throat.
3. The Guggenheim Grotto -A Lifetime In Heat- KCRW whores. But I still love them.
4. Sparrow House - When I Am Gone - Side Project of someone I really like - but I forget who.
5. FC Kauna - Hayling - Ripped this track from the beginning of Layer Cake. Pretty song.
6. Clearlake - You Can't Have Me - Mellow. Nice. One big swell. Just go with it.
7. David Pajo - manson twins - super overdubbed vox. lovely song.
8. Paul Duncan - Swam an Ocean - I love pretty much everything this guy does. He adds some really cool elements to the production of his tracks - while maintaining a minimal esthetic.
9. Elliott Smith - Condor Ave - One of his earlier tracks - incredible. Perfect for today.
10. Brian Eno - And then so clear... - Clearly.
11. I am Robot and Proud - Good Sleep
12. Iron & Wine - Love and Some Verses - Amazing to me that some people haven't yet heard Sam. If Elliott Smith grew up in South Carolina instead of Portland.
13. Nina Simone - I Want a Little Suger in my Bowl - No description needed.

Tape Club Rainy Day Mix

4 Comments:

Blogger grumblemouse said...

Welcome Dr Thunder - sorry to here about the west coast rain but its rainin and a blusterin here in LDN.

Very much enjoying David Pajo and Paul Duncan.

9:44 AM  
Blogger !!!dr. thunder still high fives!!! said...

Glad you like. Just an FYI for those who haven't d/l it - it got ripped down yesterday by my friend in detroit. I'll get it back up tonite.

12:54 PM  
Blogger trashicon said...

Hey its all rain and no shine down here in melbourne .. be lucky you might get sun sometime in the comming months...

anyway cheers for the mixtape : will be on the player till the next one comes along....

trashicon: for when it rains in melbourne

4:03 AM  
Blogger kitty-got-hit-by-a-car said...

Thanks Dr. Thunder
Cheering my boring editing, the sun's finally come out too!

love the I am Robot and Proud

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home