Thursday, May 04, 2006

Look, no jazz



I took a walk in the sunshine today, and armed only with my trusty telephone, took a few snaps to document the journey from Kingsland Road to sunny Kennington.

Anyway, while shuffling along, the pod hit a couple of old tunes in a row which made me feel the spring and eagerly await the summer. Sometimes it gets it so right.

Lewis Parker - Rise
I had this one on a mix tape nearly 10 years ago now... damn... anyway it was never released on CD so I forked out for it on notforfreebay. One of my secret favourites you lucky lucky things, but I'll let it go. Speaking of which, if any tapeclubbers have any vinyl you're bursting to have ripped for 'backup' purposes... let me know.

Jon Brion - Here We Go
So much like a modern John Lennon, perhaps it's the strings. You probably all have this anyway. So have it again.

so til next time...


"What's your problem, Kazanski?
You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous."

PS: some nice uk hiphop instrumentals for download here

1 Comments:

Blogger grumblemouse said...

does Lewis Parker have a cold? I've got a tissue if he needs to blow his nose or maybe some lemsip to stop him sounding so bunged up!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home