Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Post Holiday Recovery



F-14's back from dodging Maoists, sneaking through Army checkpoints, escaping burning fires, rampaging elephants, wilfully chucking himself off mountains attached to a big kite-fabric duvet, and other over elaborated events.

Still being back and unemployed is no fun.

So here's some music that's helping to quell the desire to buy a plane ticket on a credit card. Perhaps I'll try and sneak some more Jazz in there too....

The Avalanche - Sufjan Stevens
Ahhhhhhh.... I was going to put the Kanye West vs Sufjan tune up, but past the first 30secs it gets wonky. I like Sufjan (someone said it was Soof-yan?) He makes me want to stare out of a train window

The Hope Edition - My Latest Novel
Found kindly by Monsieur Rogers, he went to a gig in Birmingham and all 6 with him bought the album. Sweet like an obviously hidden beautiful geek in an American Teen movie.

Boys From School - Hot Chip
Was really looking forward to the new album, and admit I was disappointed, still I like this one. And another one.

Moving Like a Train - Herbert
Since i mentioned trains, I thought I'd put this one in. It can't seem to make up it's mind... but then can Matthew Herbert ever. Is it Disco, funk, big band, electro...nope I can't decide either. Try sticking a genre on this cap and eating it.

FRAGMENT - SOIL&"PIMP" SESSIONS
Said I'd sneak some jazz in there, why do loads of Japanese tunes seem to turn up in capitals? Anyway it made me laugh cos it suits the music. Loud energetic without much space. Nuts

Journey in Satchidananda - Alice Coltrane
I was going to put some ethnic sounding music from Nepal on last, but decided on something totally irrelevant. Anyone trying to free their mind of thoughts in the buddist way might want to steer clear. I'm the one with long hair and garbs wincing through opium smoke by a candle lamp in the corner. Yeah that one...


Download a zip here

5 Comments:

Blogger kitty-got-hit-by-a-car said...

I lie

the Hot Chip Album is amazing, just needed a few more listens

4:05 PM  
Blogger grumblemouse said...

dude

your post as ever was great - soof yan is sooo good and a it super cheered me up today

thanks

4:33 PM  
Blogger nix said...

that was good. i grabbed it at work and it did the trick. rok!

4:01 AM  
Blogger TwitchyAcorn said...

I just got the HOt Chip album too.. listened to it three times in a row a few days ago

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home