Monday, April 17, 2006

Aint nuthin wrong with a little bump and grind


So it feels like eons since my last post, back then I was into 'urban' music and into hanging out on the street with my crew and setting fire to bins and stuff, happy slapping grannies. Anyway I've matured a lot since then, I only drink red wine nowadays and probably only 1 glass down the gastro pub with my chums. I went for a walk with The Boy Detective yesterday and we took some photos which you can check here. It was probably about 10 miles all in and for those of you who don't live in the UK this is what happens on a bank holiday weekend. Anyway like I said I've grown up and and with it my musical tastes have matured and so now I only listen to heart wrenching soul music or people with guitars - its because I sensitive see.

I've never heard this Nina track before but it is now my super favorite track of hers. Bettye Swann is also new to me but I was listening to this song as I sat on the floor of the train going home to see my folks (the train was like some cattle truck and there were no seats) and I almost cried its so beautiful. The Crazy cover is just amazing.

Nina Simone - Baltimore
Bettye Swann - (My Heart is) Closed for the Season
Ray LaMontagne - Crazy

12 Comments:

Blogger kitty-got-hit-by-a-car said...

Damn that Bettye Swan tune is beautiful...

rocked my monday chill

10:59 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

it is amazing. i think i'll listen to it all morning - so appropo

xo

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

1:35 PM  
Blogger boy detective said...

fuck off anonymous, this is NOT theforum for your smut peddling shite. You are sullying our happy environment

12:56 AM  
Blogger kitty-got-hit-by-a-car said...

Very nice yourself anon

I also found a great place to meet new friends with similar skills as yours I made 60 new friends in the space of one night here

11:43 AM  
Blogger grumblemouse said...

hahahah nice 14 - go gettum

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

5:04 PM  
Blogger kitty-got-hit-by-a-car said...

Some one needs this

3:41 AM  
Blogger grumblemouse said...

Seriously annoyingmouse - don't post here unless you want us to send Russ round to your house and babel fish your stupid message in fact too late this is what you sound like from Dutch to French and then back to English

Very nice! I took place where you what the money rather well very cash it can make races secret make. To go only below towards the place and brings your zip in order to see what is in your field available. I made more the $900 months previous who have the pret! to make the additional money

hahaha nice grammer DICK!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

1:11 AM  
Blogger kitty-got-hit-by-a-car said...

http://rjsopinions.blogspot.com/2006/04/once-again-spam-will-not-be-posted-on.html

4:53 AM  
Blogger JOL-tape said...

Ha!

"Who have the pret!" is deffinatly my newest favourite saying.

I think it means "I'm having fun!" ,or maybe "Are we having fun!?!" - To be accompanied by a palms-facing-upwards gesticulation and a joyous/quizzical expression.

Feel free to use it wherever.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home