Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Watching me beet off...songs about boys #1

In a post- Valentine's day quest to make a mix CD for my one true that had no drippy,sappy songs on it (as opposed to the one I made for our romantic dinner which comprised of me drunkenly weeping while the beet soup I spent 4 hours making exploded all over the kitchen,and sending one true to the patio to get stoned so he didn't see me having a ridiculous tantrum), I discovered I have a lot of songs that are specifically about boys and/or girls. Shocking. I know. Now, I noticed that the ones about boys are predominantly raunchy and sexy and always slightly irate,if not through the lyrics,then through the music. Songs about girls are ((USUALLY)) love songs. I am excluding hip-hop or dance tracks from that statement. I am really digging the Long Blondes track and the Dear Nora and Casiotone for The Painfully Alone track....the others are songs that I have cherished forever.

LONG BLONDES-AUTONOMY BOY

COCOROSIE & ANTONY AND THE JOHNSONS-BEAUTIFUL BOYZ

DEAR NORA &CASIOTONE FOR THE PAINFULLY ALONE-HOT BOYZ

RICH BOY- D.BOYZ

JAHCOOZI- HOMEBOY


-GYpzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home